Every week Young Collectors Circle offers an exciting and varied program, where you will meet artists, professionals and seasoned collectors. Our events range from an exclusive behind the scenes tour at an auction house to a visit to an extraordinary private collection; and from a talkshow about the value of art to a peek inside artists' studios.
Young Collectors Events
Young Collectors Circle flawlessly picks those artists who are promising Eva, lid sinds 2019
Every week you can expect a new online and offline offer of well curated events. These events are accessible for all entry levels and a little different from your usual art event: we offer not just a combination of inspirational and practical information, but also a social network of like-minded people as well as an exclusive look behind the scenes of the art world.
The programming of Young Collectors Circle is curated based on current events and diversity: in our programs we show the art sector in all its plurality and multifacetedness. This means that we actively work to create a balance in our program, paying extra attention to diversity and inclusion. In addition, we also choose artists or projects that are currently relevant. Contemporary visual art in particular reflects on our society. Art is more than just a beautiful image, the very idea behind it - the research, the message, the reflection - is valuable. Artists of today, of your own generation, deal with themes that are currently relevant, such as racism, feminism, the environment.
You can find our current program on the homepage of our website. All programs in English are marked with a globe in the calendar.
Types of events
Since I’ve become a member, I feel more comfortable stepping into an empty gallery Maaike, lid sinds 2019
The following types of events are offered:
- Fairs: At Unseen, Art Rotterdam, PAN and TEFAF, among others, we present guided tours led by experienced collectors, where we meet artists, gallery owners and collectors. In addition, we regularly visit fairs across the border, for instance in Brussels and Düsseldorf;
- Studio's & academies: We organize visits to various art academies and institutions such as De Ateliers and the Rijksakademie, but also to studios of both up-and-coming and established artists. Some of the artists we've visited in the past are Dana Lixenberg, Elspeth Diederix, Luc Tuymans, Sarah van Sonsbeeck and Boris Tellegen/DELTA;
- Private and corporate collections: We regularly visit tje collections of well-respected collectors in order to learn everything about how that collection came into being, why and what is collected and to be advised as starting collectors.
- Museum collections: We also take a look behind the scenes at Dutch museums to learn from museums' collection and conservation strategies. Some of the museums we've collaborated with in the past are the Stedelijk Museum, Nederlands Fotomuseum and Bonnefantenmuseum.
- Gallery Tours: We organise gallery tours in various cities, including Amsterdam, Utrecht, Rotterdam and The Hague, during which we discover the contemporary art scene on foot or by bike.
- Auction houses: In cooperation with various auction houses, we offer unique behind-the-scenes viewings at auctions, where you learn everything you need to know when you plan to attend an acution and get more insight into the inner workings of the secondary market.
- Masterclasses: Every month we present a new online master class on a subject such as video art, street art or photography. Check here for more information.
- Salons: In collaboration with partners such as Soho House and Westergas, we organise talk shows in which we explore the art world on the basis of a theme such as 'International' or 'Young'. For each salon, we invite guests who speak from different points of views: artists, collectors, dealers, specialists and experts.
- Crash Course Collecting: every new member can follow our exclusive 3 hour crash course full of practical information, including a brief art history, the art market, materials and techniques and presenting art at home. More information can be found here.
Young Collectors Circle was a great way to connect to the art community after I relocated to Amsterdam. Gonzalo, lid sinds 2019
Join the circle!
Are you excited to become a member and join events straight away? In the calendar on our homepage you can see all upcoming events. New events are added every week. We'd love to have you!
become a member
We offer three other types of program, exclusively for members, at an additional charge:
- Young Collectors Socials: our socials are special events where talks and tours are combined with breakfast, lunch, drinks or dinner, where you get to know other members of the Young Collectors community better. In the past, we've organized socials such as a boat tour with drinks during Amsterdam Light Festival, lunch and a tour at Museum Voorlinden, breakfast and a tour at Museum van Loon, and drinks and talks at Buitenplaats Doornburgh.
- Young Collectors Travel: We organize several 2- to 5-day trips to special art destinations such as New York, Basel and Venice each year, These trips include visits to leading art fairs, special private collections, artist studios, auction houses and art academies. More information can be found here.
- Young Collectors Academy: Members receive a discount on the in-depth programs of the Young Collectors Academy, where scientists, journalists, artists and curators share exclusive insights into their field of expertise. More information can be found here.